Friday, August 10, 2018

Why I Tribe



I am part of the #compelledtribe , a group of bloggers that encourage one another to blog on various topics. 

I'll be honest. I've been failing at my goal to blog. I love writing. I have since I was little. But there is either not enough time, or worse, you find the time and you're stuck with writers block.

Our topic this month was, "Why I Tribe," meaning, why do I do this. 

Reasons why I write for the #compelledtribe consort:

1. I find writing fun and I want to do more, but I need accountability. Getting a monthly email saying, "Hey you, get with the program" helps.

2. I find writing cathartic. Whether or not anyone reads it shouldn't be important, but when they do it makes me feel less alone in this big world.

3. I write to try and find my "tribe," my group of people that "get" me and understand me, and love me anyway (much harder than it sounds).

4. I write to help others. I've experienced bad relationships, court systems, single motherhood, and overwhelming feelings of inadequacy (many times during my job as a teacher). Maybe what I have learned can help others.


No comments:

Post a Comment