Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Do you ever wonder where your brain is? This is a question I ask myself frequently, but more so today...how do you use up the fabric softener and go to do the second load of clothes and think, 'did I use up the fabric softener?' Resulting in a peek in the trash to confirm, yes, you have officially lost your ability to think straight.

Multi tasking can be a good thing...I hate wasted time waiting for a doctor appointment or any appointment for that matter, and that handy-dandy phone obsession can help me do SOMETHING with that wasted time, even if it is scrabble... However, multi tasking because you are a single mom with too much to do and not enough time is not a good thing. It leads to brain confusion and THAT my friends, is definitely what I am suffering from.

Since I am a teacher, my summer has been spent leisurely sitting poolside sipping martinis...NOT! Summer has yet to come for me! Unless you call sitting on the mower a summer event...Instead, I am class bound...attempting to cram 2 classrooms of educational materials into one small space because the school is adding a teacher. Looking at all the wonderful things sitting piled up with no home to go to as said school doesn't think kindergarten needs more space and deserve to be inside...drives me to distraction. I fumble from one item to the next, 'hey, where does this pen go? (walk to pen can) Oh there is that missing tub (walk past pen can and completely forget task at hand). My hours end up being frenzied realizing I am not getting enough done...did I mention this is summer? And I am NOT paid to work summer? Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment