Saturday, March 23, 2013

My First Blog

Random thoughts roam my head with nowhere to go...a little long for FB, a little rude for being a kindergarten teacher, a little TMI for people in general...so, my mind says, let's start a blog! Not like you have the time as a single mother, kindergarten teacher, and animal rescue volunteer, but go ahead, you try and we can reminesce about this attempt later...
Are you a Pinteresty person? Do you go on there and virtural hoard for hours never making the actual jump to doing the things pinned? That's me! So last night I created a board titled, "Things to do NEXT WEEK." Thinking that oughta give me the nudge I need to get moving...Of course, I didn't post any recipes where food turns out looking like literary characters...No, we needed to start with easy. And what's easier than a curtain rod under the sink to hold spray bottles. Ingenious, isn't it? Look at the space I can create with that rod! Wait..you say...why is there a spray bottle still not in its rightful place on the rod? That would be because apparently the Pinterest queen who posted this either used empty bottles (since I rarely clean, mine are pretty full), or otherwise failed to note that, "hey, remember curtain rods are only meant to hold CURTAINS, and curtains are typically light, not heavy bottles of liquid...so if you are thinking of doing this at home...use empty to near empty bottles or risk the utter colapse of said great invention."

So there, at the kitchen I stood...ready to be amazed by my ability to not only complete something from my virtual hoard, but to do it ALONE,  without a man. Sighing as I realize the last bottle to add would indeed lead to ruination of said perfection. No matter how tight I attempted to make that bar, it would still not defy the laws of gravity at play here. Hanging that last bottle was akin to pulling out the one piece of the puzzle that you know will cause the tower to fall.  Oh well, Pinterest: 3, 240 Me: .5 for effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment